I seem to have a lot of success when using pureed pumpkin in my baking. Not only do the recipes taste delicious and savory, but they are always soft and have the perfect texture. Today’s health-ified pumpkin loaf proves me right once again. As usual this is an extremely easy recipe to follow with very few ingredients.
Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free Pumpkin Loaf
Inspired by: Slim Palate
1¼ cup almond flour
1¼ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
heaping ½ teaspoon of cloves and cinnamon
heaping ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin
2 droppers full of liquid Stevia (if you want this to be a sweet treat use 3)
⅓ cup melted coconut oil + a bit extra for greasing the loaf pan
⅓ cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well [I used a fork to mix].
3. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil to ensure that you’ll be able to remove the pumpkin bread once it has finished baking.
4. Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread around so it is spread out evenly in the loaf pan and place in the oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool – or not – serve and enjoy!
I like to eat mine warm topped with coconut butter, it is so delicious [and healthy enough to have for breakfast]!
Give it a try – I promise it is worth it!